The Interview....
So.
It came.
Yesterday.
I was a ball of nerves. Why? I knew my stuff, I know that my work on my job shadowing for the 9 months in the position should speak for itself. It was a lot harder to interview this time because I actually felt pressure to do well. Last time I didn't have a hope in heck to land the spot because there were a lot more experienced people applying too, and I said in the interview that if I wasn't the successful candidate, I'd love a shadowing position. So they gave me one. This time, I was one of the most experienced. However there were still 2 other guys with a lot more time in the company than me, as well as a guy newer than me, but who is now in the shadowing position. So it really could go any way. Except that guy is a moron with no real people skills - but that's a whole other story, and he's quite content letting people know he thinks the promotion is his. Idiotstick.
But it's outta my hands now - and that's such a relief. I get the job, or I don't. Not like I don't already have a position here, I'm not losing anything, and there will be other chances... but I kinda hope I get it. I'm not gonna lie! Is it twisted that I kinda like going to court? And it *is* more $$$$... that sure would be great. And I'm the only girl that applied. So that would rock if I got it. There are only 5 applicants including me. So that's a 1 in 5 chance... pretty good odds!
Interviews suck. Huge. Don't wanna do that again.
And if I get this position... that's pretty much the last interview. Not much room for any more advancement after that. That's pretty much it.
So.
Keep your fingers crossed.

1 Comments:
Well Chrissy, I'm rooting for you.
1 in 5 chance isn't too bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home