Baseball & Bellydancing
Another weekend.
Nate's team wrapped up their regular season, and this weekend was playoffs. They made it in, but lost their first game, so it was pretty shortlived. That's ok, because it was ridiculously cold outside Saturday! I was tempted to bring out my winter jacket!
So Nate, his bro and I went to an end of the season ball party. But not with our own team, lol. We crashed another team's party! The guys played some red-neck newfy almost horseshoe type game with a can in a box and some washers ALL NIGHT, couldn't tear them away from it! Me, I preferred the cozy bonfire! Then it was back in town to Pheonix to end off the night.
Jaime - remind me to give you Jerry R's number, bumped into him and he wanted me to pass it to Cory... guess *R* has been giving him problems. Jerry sure was feeling pretty good,lol
*************************************************************
I am not always open to trying new things.
Today Sam roped me into an new adventure.
It was free. So I went.
This centre in town was offering a variety of mini-lessons and free massage & energy flow demonstrations today.
It was ok. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, but likely won't go back.
I did learn some basic belly-dancing moves. Not sure when I will ever use them again, since I still have not mastered the Carmen Electra "Exercise" videos. The skirts were fun, I loved shaking my booty to hear the skirt's coins clink together. Kinda sounded like shaking a piggy bank. I would much rather just have the money, lol!
Why is everything always so much harder than it looks?
I tried a "Reiki" treatment - kinda like a massage, but not a massage at all, it's supposed to spread out your energy flow around your body or something. I was curious so I thought I would see what it was all about. You know how sometimes you shut your eyes, but they are not 100% shut, so if you are in a room that's not pitch black, you can still kinda see movements... that's pretty much how I stayed the whole time, thinking what the heck are these ladies doing to me - there were 2 of them working on me. Putting some kinda hex on me? I could see their arm movements over top of me, so I was feeling it was a little silly. They did ask me if I tend to hold my stress in my stomache and shoulders (which I do), they said they could tell that, so that was kinda neat. Said it wasn't a good energy or a bad energy she sensed there, just that it was sort of there and not moving. Interesting. She prescribed some bellydancing or yoga to help.
It was interesting to go to, it's more spiritual based than I expected, at least that's the vibe I got out of it. Not so much my thing.
I was not complaining during my free chair massage,though, lol. I could have stayed there all day, but I think next time I will just go to the spa.
And last but not least - I am estatic to say that we are back in business, our home phone is up again. What a silly waste of time.
Hope everyone has a good week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home