So now what?

This blog started after the hoopla of wedding planning was over, and we were wondering what the next steps in life held for us. Now it's a new adventure for 3.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Random thoughts

  1. I really don't have anything all that new to say. So I decided I could just jump around easier this way. I am just not in the mood to try to connect things together so that it flows...
  2. Nate's last shift at the pool hall is coming up on Wednesday. He's ready for a change, and hopefully this will be a good one. He starts factory work thru a temp agency after we get back from the falls. The bar was a cushy job for awhile, but it's hard when you're the sober one and all your "friends" are annoying as heck, and you have to stay there and serve them.
  3. Been thinking about kids lately. I don't know if it's just 'cuz we're all married up now and it seems like the thing to do, but I've had babies on the brain. And it doesn't scare me like it used to.
  4. Going to the Falls! Can't wait for our little trip to Niagara... crossing my fingers that the guys do well (Slo-Pitch Provincials)... this is the 1st year I've been able to go. Last year was a no-go because of Randy's wedding, the year before that, I had Shawna's wedding in Alberta, and there were always reasons why I couldn't make it other years. I haven't been to the Falls since I was 5. So I'm pretty excited! I like watching Nate play ball, and it's usually a riot sitting in the stands with the other wives & gf's. And JAIME's there now, wooohooo!
  5. I love instant potatoes. The Betty Crocker Herb & Butter one. LOVE it. Shameful I know. But it's sooo much easier than mashing real potatoes. I could eat them with every meal.
  6. Still no word since the letter to mom. Pretty much as I suspected. That's ok though. It is. I saw Gma this weekend & talked a bit. She wanted to talk to mom for me, but I said no, don't get in the middle. Somewhere down the road maybe she'll figure out she was in the wrong. But I can't see it anytime soon. And I can't say I'll accept an apology either, if and when that day comes. I really don't know. At least I know now that the rest of the family understands my dissapointment & frustration.
  7. Can't wait to post pics of our trip to the Falls - bought some extra batteries for the 'ol camera today! Don't wanna get caught with a dead camera like we did on our honeymoon!
  8. I am so sad Big Brother & Rock Star are over! Now what do I watch, lol??? Glad Janelle got the 25K, at least. Happy Erika didn't win. Ha. And I guess Lukas is ok. I just wish he didn't remind me of a goat. Guess I'll just hold out for Grey's Anatomy now & Desperate Housewives!
  9. Anyone got a really kick-a$$ crockpot recipe? I want to use mine more.
  10. Nathan just got his wedding band sized down because it was too big. Now it's too small so we have to take it back again. How annoying is that?
  11. Speaking of annoying, BELL reconnected us for free and is taking $ off our long distance plan to compensate us for their mistake. Ok. But it turns out the new number they re-issued us is from someone that seems to have every collection company after him, so we get all his calls now. Argh. AND for some reason they are now subscribing us to their answering service so none of our missed calls are going to our answering machine we already own. Grrrr. I tell ya, if we had any other company to go to.....

And... that's enough randomness for now, me thinks! Have a great week!

Ciao! xoxox

2 Comments:

At 8:52 p.m., Blogger CaroMado said...

Phew....all caught up even though I knew most of it! Tell Nate I said congrats on the new job!

 
At 10:30 p.m., Blogger Raina* said...

how do you figure Lukas reminds you of a goat?!?!?! i love that guy!!

oh, you have babies on the brain too?!? i'm not scared either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home